Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 8 Scorecard - Painful post

I've never had to make a post like this. I only managed to submit three songs last week because I was busy with other projects, and all three were rejected. Ouch.

So I am not a single item closer to my goal of 175 by the end of summer. That brings my summer total up to an abysmal 22/35.

With this many rejects racking up, it may be time to create a "reject page". Honest truth? Some of them deserved it. Not all of them deserved it. I'm actually pretty happy with some of the stuff they are rejecting. It may be time to shop around for other alternatives for some of the tracks Audio Jungle turned up it's nose at. If I can find an alternative sales platform, and those tracks start selling on that platform, I'll feel a little better about myself, and will face Australia and blow a raspberry at whatever overly-picky reviewers are canning some of those tracks. Research time.

I'm still going to make that goal. Just you watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment