Thursday, July 24, 2014

Oriental Journey

I composed this one with a slow and peaceful journey through the orient in mine. It's calming, relaxing, and meandering. It's the sort of music I would like to hear playing in the background if I should ever walk through a zen garden over the little bridge that crosses the koi pond.

I did this one because I have never actually tried anything like it before. I don't imagine it's the most authentic sounding oriental piece out there, but it's how a middle age white american THINKS oriental music sounds, and sometimes that's exactly what you want. Who needs the confusion of authenticity when you can just crank out a sensible cliche'?

This is song submission #3 for week #6. #4 is already "in the can," but I'm saving it for submission tomorrow to spread things out. The longer and more often my studio icon sits on the main page of AJ, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment