Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Goal checked off

Good news...I now officially have 176 items up for sale on Audio Jungle. The goal for the summer was getting to 175, and I started somewhere around the neighborhood of 148.

Looking back over this summer compared to last, the reviewers seemed much tougher this time around. Last summer I got 24 accepted, but I only had to submit 29 songs to do it. About an 83% acceptance rate. This summer I have in 26/40 so far, which is only 65%. I honestly don't think it's because last summer's music was better than my newest offerings - I think it's because they are being more choosy about what they accept.

One reason why I believe that is because I had only been working with Logic Pro (the recording software I use) for 6 months at the beginning of last summer. I was still learning how to use it. I'm much more confident with it now. I certainly don't think I am a worse musician than last year. I just think the competition is more fierce and the standards are higher all around. I'm gonna have to keep the axe sharp if I'm going to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment