Friday, June 6, 2014

Approaching Milestones

Renaissance Faire was just approved for sale on Audio Jungle, which makes my 149th item. I consider 150 a milestone worthy of celebration. Probably ice cream. Parkerhouse, if you must know. Yeah, I know it's not very manly, being pink and full of cherries. I just like it. Get over it. Seriously. It's just ice cream.

Another big milestone approaching is the next funding level for my AJ account. With less than $200 to go in sales I will bump up to the next level, and finally get a larger cut of sales than Audio Jungle does. That 51% has been a long time coming.

I'll soon be making (and posting) goals for the summer. Not sure which direction to go here. I'd love to short for 50 additional songs over the summer, but that's kind of a stretch. I don't want to put myself in the position of cranking out stuff I'm less happy with in order to make a self-imposed quota. Sometimes I think I might be better served pouring a lot of energy in to fewer songs. The only problem with that theory is that I have a handful already listed that I worked my butt off on that have never been purchased, and others that I cranked out in a half hour that have turned out to be some of my best sellers. Go figure.

I think I'll just stick with writing & recording whatever pops into my brain and let the cards fall where they may. I really should try something with vocals in it this summer though. You would think a choir director might actually sing on a track at some point. Heck, if I'm nervous about students judging me, I'm good enough with Autotune to make myself flawless. Mwah ha ha.....

No comments:

Post a Comment